Last Updated on August 23, 2021 by Gas Grill Buy
The Weber, Napoleon, Char-Broil, and Cuisinart gas grills are the most durable gas grills that we recommend. Each of these brands is a market leader for gas grills in its respective category.
The brand of Weber is famous for its long history since it was founded in 1893 in Illinois, USA. The Genesis sub-brand was introduced in 1985 and has sold well worldwide since then. The Weber way in which consumers will have an extraordinary experience, then you certainly will not be disappointed.
The most famous model from Weber is the Q series. Although this model is quite portable, it is very durable and reliable so it is suitable for carrying anywhere.
The history of the Napoleon gas grill is not as old as Weber’s. Found in 1976 in Barrie, Ontario – Canada. The Napoleon brand aims to provide quality products and a great consumer experience.
Therefore, it’s no surprise that the Napoleon brand didn’t take long to start from a small garage to distribution to 34 countries. It is therefore not surprising that Canada has named Napoleon Grills as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
In line with its commitment to quality, Napoelon Grills prices are generally quite expensive. Most of them are large gas grills, although a few are small and some are medium sized.
The Char-Broil grill has had history since 1940. The Char-Broil introduced the first cast-iron charcoal grill to the market. Since then Char-Broil has been a leader in the manufacture of charcoal, gas and electric grills, as well as smokers and accessories.
Last but not least is the Cuisinart brand. This brand is somewhat different from the two previous same brands, where Weber and Napoleon only specialized in making grills.
Cusinart was founded in 1971 in the US. The most famous of Cuisinart is a food processor. Since then Cuisinart has developed and innovated in many categories of household appliances such as toasters, espresso machines, microwave ovens, gas grills and many more. With approximately 50 years of experience in the market, of course we have no doubt about its quality.
Like most Cusinart products that specialize in everyday household appliances, the Cuisinart gas grills are mostly affordable yet durable gas grills.
The Best Durable Gas Grill that We Recommend:
1. Weber Spirit E 330 Gas Grill : Best Overall
The Weber Spirit E-330 is a compact gas grill with style. With this model, Weber offers a compact size gas grille with all the features a customer could possibly want.
- With 3 burners that provide sufficient heat 32,000 BTUs, you can cook quite a lot of food at once.
- The Spirit E330’s body is made of stainless-steel, allowing you to cook delicious meals outdoors without worrying that your gas grill will rust.
- It has a 12,000 BTU side burner that allows you to cook a side dish, while the main dish is grilled on the main cooking surface.
- The E-330’s price is reasonable, which allows everyone to enjoy grilling in style.
- With this grill, your meat can have a sear mark quickly. Thanks to the sear station feature which can create a zone of intense heat.
- The built-in lid thermometer allows you to precisely control the temperature of the grill under the lid.
- The side burner feature allows you to bake bread, sauté vegetables, simmer BBQ sauce, or keep cooked food warm.
- You get the best grilled food from even heat. Thanks to the cooking grates of porcelain enamel and cast iron.
- Lid and cookbox made of porcelain enamel make them durable so they won’t peel or rust over time.
- The burners and several other components of this gas grill are made of low grade stainless steel.
- The price is quite expensive.
2. Weber Spirit II E 310 : Best Natural Gas Grill
The choice of gas grill with natural gas as fuel is not as much as the choice with propane fuel.
Therefore, it is not an exaggeration to call the Spirit II E-310 Gas Grill as the best gas grill for natural gas. This grill machine has the features that grill enthusiasts want.
If you want to entertain small crowds or have a family dinner, using the Spirit E-310 is the perfect solution.
- Although the size of this grill is compact, it can serve 5-7 people at a time. With 3 burners with 529 square inches of cooking space, you can cook quite a number of people at once.
- The Spirit II E 310 has the latest features, namely the GS4 grease management system which consists of a flavorizer bars, infinite ignition, and porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates.
- Equipped with two large wheels allows you to move this grill without difficulty.
- You can hang and reach your tools with ease thanks to the six tool hooks.
- Open cart design provide additional space to place your tools.
- The folding table on the left side of the grill gives you extra space to work. This table can be folded down to save space or when not in use.
- The main burner has 30,000 BTU-per-hour input, so you can cook pretty quickly.
- iGrill 3 compatible (sold separately)
- No side burners to warm food or make sauces.
- The promised ignition system should have been sure to turn on all the time, but it didn’t work as promised. Of the ten fires, it lights up approximately eight times.
3. Weber Q 3200 : Best Compact Gas Grill
The Weber Q 3200 is compact and efficient. This liquid propane grill does not take up too much space, perfect for those of you who have limited space, such as a limited backyard or apartment balcony.
But despite its compact size, it can cook for 3-4 people at a time. The cooking surface is quite an area of 393 square inches.
Even though it has wheels, this gas grill is not quite portable because at 83 pounds, it is not easy to move or carry around.
The Q 3200 is the largest gas grill in the Q Weber series so it is quite powerful 21,700 BTU with 2 burners.
- Very compact. The Q 3200 is the largest gas grill in the Q series, but still has a compact design. It has a side table that folds down when not in use so you can easily store it even in the small storage space. Makes it a great grill for people who have a small space or use on an apartment balcony.
- The cooking area is quite large. Despite its compact size, its ample cooking surface is nearly 400 square inches, allowing it to cook large whole chickens.
- Sturdy Construction. Sturdy construction with high quality materials, including cast aluminum, cast iron, and stainless steel so this gas grill has good durability. Even heat distribution thanks to the porcelain enamel cast iron cook stove. Glass-reinforced nylon frame makes it easy to clean and more durable.
- Compact, functional and elegant design. The elegant and compact yet functional design of the Q Weber series makes it a superior gas grill in its class. So that this grill will look worthy of being placed in even the most sophisticated outdoor kitchen.
- Powerful gas grill. Despite the compact design of the gas grill, it is quite powerful. It has two stainless steel burners capable of generating 21,700 BTU of heat, creating a consistent temperature when cooking.
Some consumers complain that the goods are damaged during delivery due to bad packing.
4. Weber Q 1000 : Best Budget Portable Gas Grill
The Weber Q 1000 is the smallest gas grill in the Weber Baby Q series so of course it is a portable gas grill. Besides that, the price is also quite affordable.
- Easy to assemble. It will only take you about 5 minutes. Then all you have to do is connect the propane through the hose and the grill is ready to use.
- With a total cooking area of 189 square inches, it’s perfect if you cook up to four people.
- The Q 1000 uses a disposable gas canister so it is suitable for taking it to the beach or camping. But you can purchase an optional hose to connect it to a standard refill tank making it perfect for you to carry in your RV.
- This gas grill has good heat control so that your food doesn’t burn easily.
- High quality and easy to clean. This grill uses very high quality porcelain enameled cast iron for the burners. This burner is divided into two parts so that it fits in your sink, so it’s easy to clean.
- With an 8500 BTU burner, this grill is quite powerful and can reach temperatures of 500 degrees in approximately 15 minutes. For best results, we recommend that you preheat the grill for about five to ten minutes.
- Some have complained that after a while of use, the pressure regulator failed and had to be replaced in order for it to be used.
5. Cuisinart CGG – 180 T Petit : Best Portable Gas Grill
Cuisinart CGG – 180T Petit, widely used for camping events, beach barbecue, RVing because it is easy to carry. As the name implies, it’s small in size so it doesn’t take up a lot of space and is easy to store after use.
- Although the size of this grill is relatively small, the grilling area is very adequate. With 145 square inches of grilling area, it can cook up to four pounds of fish, or six to ten chicken breasts, or eight steaks, or eight burgers.
- Don’t look at this grill by its appearance alone. Despite its small appearance, its power is sufficient at 5,500 BTU.
- This grill is very easy to carry around. Weighing only 13.5 pounds and has a briefcase style carrying handle that is easy to carry.
- Safety and comfort for camping or other outdoor activities take precedence. This grill has aluminum stabilization legs that you can adjust in just seconds making it easy and comfortable to use. A safety lock with an integrated lid keeps the feet stable and safe for use during grilling activities.
- The porcelain-enameled grate makes it not only sturdy but also generates even heat.
- When the legs are completely folded, this gas grill doesn’t have flat sides, making it awkward to store.
6. Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner: Best Value for Money
If you are looking for a grill that is durable, has good performance and an affordable price, then the Performance 300-2 Burner is the answer.
Performance is very sturdy and durable. The primary cooking and swing rack are made of porcelain-coated cast iron grate. The grill lid is made of stainless steel.
- This grill has a main cooking surface that is 300 square inches wide enough so that it can cook 3-4 people at a time. You don’t have to worry about letting your crowd starve because of queuing for food.
- The main cooking surface is made of material porcelain-coated cast iron grates, plus a swing rack with porcelain-coated material covering an area of 100 square inches. Apart from being functional, it will also make your grill last longer.
- The grill’s lid is also made of stainless steel so its durability is certain. For better heat control, the lid is equipped with a temperature gauge.
- You will be surprised how easy this Char Broil is to assemble. You will only need a few tools to complete the assembly, and everything is lined up properly and everything is labeled.
- Instant lighting at the press of a button. Using AAA batteries to power the lighter so it is very easy to install.
- Don’t leave this grill in the backyard without a grill lid. After a thunderstorm, the grill can’t be used right away until you let it dry.
- Unfortunately the propane storage does not have a back. It only has a front door and sides. No backs included.
7. Weber Q 2200
As always, you can expect a good quality gas grill from Weber. The Q series is made with reliable materials so that it has good durability.
- Assembly is very easy to do. You only need a Phillips screwdriver to do this.
- The flame is not very big, it is blue. You don’t expect big red flames from this grill. But hot enough to do its job. Cooking with the lid closed will help increase the heat.
- This barbeque works pretty well. With even heat.
- The Weber is light enough to be portable.
- Side table made of plastic. When you use the grill, you must not forget to unfold it, otherwise the side table may melt and catch fire from the direct heat of the grill.
- Even though this gas grill is quite light, it is not too easy to be moved here and there often. It will be very helpful if you buy additional cart.
Genesis II E330 is the right grill for those of you who prioritize a durable grill. This grill is rust-resistant and has no loose or worn out parts even after years of use. Thanks to the high quality materials that protect your grill from the elements.
- Cast-iron grates and porcelain enamel lids retain heat, so heat is distributed evenly and food is grilled to perfection.
- It is also easy to maintain. You can simply heat it to about 600-700 degrees Fahrenheit to burn off the leftovers.
- If you want to add sear marks to your meat, use a Sear Station which has an intense heat zone that produces tantalizing sear marks quickly.
- While the main dish is grilled on the main cooking surface, you can use the side burner to toast bread or simmer BBQ sauce.
- This gas grill is sold un-assembled. Although the instructions are quite clear, some people still find it difficult to assemble it. Assembly should be done by at least two people. But there are also those who can assemble themselves and finish in less than 2 hours. When you buy it from Amazon, you can call Amazon customer service to ask about their expert assembly program.
- Napoleon PRO Napoleon PRO is made with high quality materials so that it dares to give a long warranty. The warranties are lifetime for Aluminum castings / stainless steel base, Stainless steel lid, Porcelain enamel lid, Stainless steel cooking grids, while other parts have a 2-10 year warranty.
- Grilling activities are not only cooking and eating activities, but also entertainment activities. Napoleon knows this so well that it makes nighttime entertainment even more exciting with the LED spectrum night light control knob which has almost unlimited color options. As a safety feature, they will also glow red when the gas is left on.
- Napoleon PRO raises grilling levels through infrared heat cooking. In 30 seconds, the PRO500 can reach a temperature of 1800°F for high heat searing. So you can grill like a pro and get the perfect sear.
- The Napoleon PRO500 also has a rotisserie infrared rear burner. The rotisserie is made of high quality stainless steel which ensures restaurant quality food for years to come.
- The wheels are too small.
- Assembly is not easy. On average it takes 4 to 6 hours and 2-3 people to assemble.
- Summit E-470 has cooking grates made of 3 extraordinary materials: porcelain enameled cast iron, stainless steel, and porcelain-enameled steel. Each of these materials sears food perfectly and retains heat evenly. In addition, this material is easy to clean and durable
- In addition to cooking grates, this gas grill’s cookboxes is also made of a durable material, cast aluminum. This material is not only durable, it can withstand the heat required for high-temperature grilling and only requires minimal maintenance.
- The flavorizer bars is a very useful Weber innovation. The fat dripping from the grilled meat will be caught by the flavorizer bars so that the smoke will add a delicious taste to your food. This will also prevent flare-ups that will burn your food.
- Flavorizer bars are easy to maintain and durable as they are made of porcelain-enameled stainless steel. To keep it working properly, you just need to brush it regularly using a stainless steel grill brush.
- This grill cover is made of a kind of 2 layer metal sheet coating with a porcelain coating on the outside. Not a very solid material. For a gas grill as expensive as this, the lid construction should be more sturdy and heavy.
What the Weber S670 Gas Grill has is almost the same as the E470. The difference is in size and heat power.
- The main cooking surface of the E470 is 468, while the S670 is 624 square inches.
- BTU per hour of main burner, E470 is 48,800 BTU while S670 is 60,800 BTU.
- The number of burners on the E470 is 4, while the S670 has 6 burners.
The door on the cart is made of a non-solid, flimsy material. It should be at this price, Weber provides a more solid door quality.
How Long Do Gas Grills Typically Last?
Gas grill will usually last for 5-15 years. This time span is quite different. This is due to various factors, including the quality of the gas grill itself, the weather in which it is placed, whether the gas grill is covered after use, the level of maintenance is the most important.
The more expensive the gas grill is, in general you can expect a more lifespan. It’s been said that by industry standards, you can expect a lifespan of 1 year for every $ 100 you spend. But in reality it is not exactly all that happens because of the many factors we have mentioned earlier.
Care must be done thoroughly. You must clean the gas grill immediately after use. Season grates before starting the grill. Wipe the surface of the gas grill so that dirt and moisture do not stick.
Because the gas grill is made of metal, rust is the main enemy of the gas grill. Buying a gas grill is a long-term investment, so buying an additional cover for your gas grill is a good addition.
If you don’t want to buy a cover, try choosing a gas grill that has a cart or wheels so you can store it in a dry and closed place when you don’t use it.
In order for the gas grill to be more durable, you should replace damaged parts as soon as necessary. This small expense will save you from bigger expenses in the future. However, if the gas grill is too old and the cost of repairing it is much more expensive than buying a new one. Buying a new gas grill is inevitable.
How Long Do Weber Gas Grills Last?
The Weber gas grill is one of the most reliable in the world, so you can expect a fairly long durability of 10-15 years, as long as you carry out proper routine maintenance. Therefore, buying a Weber is a smart long-term investment. Indeed, the price is quite expensive for its category, but all of it is in accordance with the quality.
What’s more that Weber provides spare parts that are easily available. So that if you are willing to allocate your energy and time to repair it from time to time, your gas grill will have extraordinary durability.
The Weber service center will also always be ready to help. By purchasing a Weber, you get a very good warranty.
How Can I Make My Gas Grill Last Longer?
In order for your gas grill to have good durability, first of all you have to buy a gas grill with a good material.
After that you have to use it properly, clean the burnt residue and grease immediately after use. Season grates before use.
If the gas grill is not used, you should cover it and store it in a dry place.
Should I Clean My Grill After Every Use?
Immediately after each use, you must thoroughly clean the grill. When the grate is cool and still warm enough, you will need to clean any leftover grilled food stuck to the burner.
You should not brush it with a wire brush which can scratch your gas grill. Use a nylon brush so that your gas grill is more durable.
You can see a detailed guide on how to clean a gas grill here.
Do You Season A Gas Grill?
Yes, you should always season your grill grates before or after use for better gas grill durability. Spray or spread oil evenly on the grid before and after use.
Use high heat oil for best results. Avocado oil is the best oil because it has the highest heat level. Or, you can also use canola or olive oil.
Always seasoning the grill will create a kind of non-stick coating that prevents food residue and grease from sticking to the grates, so you can clean them easily. This is what will prevent corrosion in the future.
In addition, this non-stick coating will also help you remove food from the cooking surface easily, without leaving any residue sticking to the grates. The shape of the food will also be more beautiful so that it will increase your appetite.
Should I Cover My Stainless Steel Grill?
Yes, you should cover the grill after it has cooled down after each use. The grill cover will help increase the durability of your grill so that it will last for years to come.
In addition, it will help to block moisture from the air, other corrosive chemicals, direct sunlight that can damage your gas grill.
What is The Best Material For Best Gas Grill Durability?
To understand the durability of a grill, you need to consider the materials it is made of.
Coated Steel and Aluminum: Many budget and mid-range grills use materials because they are inexpensive. This will prevent the gas grill from rusting, but you can’t expect it to last long. Weather, time, and usage will erode it.
In general you will see the parts where it hard to be cleaned and reached such as edges, bolts and seams will start to rust first. You will find it difficult to stop the rusting process once it starts.
5 years is the lifespan you can expect for this type of grill. Even then, if you take care and clean it regularly.
Porcelain-enameled steel or aluminum: This material is one level higher than standard coated steel.
The enameling process bonds a strong, heat-resistant coating to the metal. So that the metal is protected from high heat, air and corrosive chemicals.
The durability of porcelain enameled steel material can last longer than standard coated steel, which can last from five to seven years, and even longer if properly treated. Most high-quality grills use this type of material.
Rust will occur when metal is exposed to air due to the formation of scratches and chips. You can prevent this by doing routine maintenance, cleaning the grill immediately after grilling, not using a wire brush to clean it because it will scratch it, and closing it when not in use.
Cast Iron: Many small, portable grills use this type of material. Although this material is prone to corrosion, you can prevent it from rusting by taking proper care.
Clean the grill immediately after use, and seasoning the grates with oil before and after grilling will make the gas grill more durable. The surface of this material has pores, so seasoning it with oil will fill the pores and prevent rust from forming.
In general, cast iron grills will last for about 5 years before rusting. After that, rust will gradually start to form and damage the grill.
Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is an expensive material. As the name implies, this material is strong against rust. You will find this material in expensive grille gas. With this material, in general your gas grill will last for at least seven to fifteen years. Of course, depending on your treatment.
Choosing a Well-Known Brand Will Ensure a More Durable Gas Grill?
Choosing a well-known brand is an important factor when you are choosing a gas grill that has extraordinary durability. As we previously mentioned, well-known brands such as Weber, Char-Broil, Napoleon, and Cuisinart are very well known for their quality.
With a long history, these manufacturers have invested money and time in research and development so as to produce gas grills that are reliable and durable. Apart from that, well-known brands also offer longer warranties because of their confidence in their quality. You can also expect excellent after sales service as these manufacturers have to maintain their brand image.
Of course you have to consider your budget too. Therefore, choose a well-known brand that is still affordable for your budget.
Does an Expensive Gas Grill Guarantee More Durability?
The answer is yes. The logic is quite simple, that a durable gas grill is made of durable materials as well. The more durable a material is, the more expensive the price will be.
In addition, the high price you pay will certainly make more money for the manufacturer. So that they can do better research and development to create a gas grill that has more durability.
However, you can also find gas grills that are durable but at a more affordable price. You can choose the Weber Q series gas grill or the Cuisinart brand that offers quality gas grills at affordable prices.
Conduct Research for Customer Reviews to Consider Gas Grill Durability
Nowadays, before buying any item, it is very common that people look for such reviews, the gas grill is no exception. This of course will help you decide which gas grill to buy. People who have bought have already tried the gas grill so that you know its advantages or disadvantages before you actually buy it.
If you feel the disadvantages are annoying enough then you don’t need to spend money on them. Meanwhile, if the drawback is only minor when compared to the advantages, maybe you might consider buying it.
You will get useful reviews from people who have already bought. Starting from the ease or difficulty of assembling, damaged goods during delivery, satisfied or not with the performance of the gas grill when used, the ease of finding spare parts, after-sales service and many others.
Conclusion: Things That Make Gas Grill More Durable
Buying a durable gas grill is certainly what you want from the money you invest. But you have to adjust your budget and your needs.
However, even though a gas grill with an expensive price is definitely more durable, even an ordinary gas grill can be durable with proper and routine maintenance. One of the most important is that you have to invest your money to buy a cover for your gas grill.
Hopefully this guidance will make your gas grill durable and long lasting for years to come.