Last Updated on December 7, 2020 by Gas Grill Buy
When you do grilling activities, besides grilling meat, seafood, then grilling vegetables is a must. Vegetables will make more appealing and appetizing for your dishes, and of course healthier. In addition, it will balance the fatty taste of meat so it will be more delicious to consume together.
To grill veggie perfectly and delicious, of course in addition to techniques and tips, you will also need the right tools to help you. Therefore we have prepared a list of recommendations that you can choose according to your budget and that can meet your best needs.
Gas grills that have a lid thermometer feature are the best one. This is because temperature is one of the most important factors when you grill veggie. You also need to know how long it takes to grill each type of vegetable, because the time it takes to grill can vary depending on the type of vegetable which is hard or soft.
We have reviewed dozens of gas grills to conclude the best gas grills with the lid thermometer feature. Continue reading to find out the pros and cons. We will explain one by one in detail so that you can understand the advantages and disadvantages before deciding to buy one.
List of the Best Gas Grill for Vegetables
1. Napoleon Prestige PRO 665 Gas Grill – Best overall
This Napoleon grill is expensive, but the price you pay will be worth it.
- Almost all users like this gas grill and give a high rating in terms of appearance, ease of use, grill results, and easy to clean.
- Lid thermometer allows us to control heat easily when grilling.
- The main cooking surface is very wide (1140 square inches) so it allows you to cook a lot of food at once.
- It features instant-jet ignition which provides fast start up for each burner.
- With a power of 88,000 BTU, this gas grill can quickly heat up even above 500 degrees in winter.
- The only drawback about the Prestige Pro 665 is the price. It is quite expensive.
2. Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet – Best Seller Gas Grill
With a fairly affordable price, this gas grill is the best budget gas grill with a thermometer lid. Affordable prices and complete features at the same time, making this product a best seller.
- This 2 burner gas grill has a total heat of 24,000 BTU. With 80 BTU per square inch making it a gas grill that has a large power.
- Warming rack is a feature that can help warming finished dishes, while you can keep grilling on the primary cooking surface.
- Stainless steel material makes this grill sturdy and durable.
- Various other features such as removable grease pan, casters, lid thermometer, electronic ignition make this gas grill very complete for that price.
- There are no issues with this Char-Broil, but there are some people complaining that the product is dented when shipping.
3. Weber Q2200 – Best Compact Gas Grill
The overall weight of the gas grill is only 42.5 pounds. This is the lowest weight for the gas grill category which has a lid thermometer.
- Light weight makes it as a portable gas grill.
- Consider its light weight and complete features, making the Weber Q2200 the most compact gas grill.
- In addition to the lid thermometer, it also has the following features: 280 main cooking surfaces, 12,000 BTU of power, one stainless burner.
- Few people have an issue with the burner.
4. Weber Spirit E330 LP Black Grill – Best Value for Money Gas Grill
Spirit E330 is equipped with features and size that suitable for daily family grill activities.
- Lid thermometers is useful for monitoring the heat.
- With many features and the right price, this grill is a value for money gas grill. The features include sear station, built-in warming rack.
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates make heat evenly distributed.
- Cookbox, the lid is made of heavy duty materials so it can withstand the times.
- If not treated properly, some parts will rust.
5. Weber Genesis II E-330 – Best 3 Burners Gas Grill
Fuel: Propane and Natural Gas model available
- Equipped with 3 powerful burners, it produces 39,000 BTU of heat. This will create high enough heat quickly.
- The primary cooking area is 513 square inches, making it large enough to be able to cook food at once for up to 5 people.
- Cast iron, porcelain-enameled grill grates provides even heat distribution so the dishes grilled perfectly.
- It also features a sear station and side burner.
- So far there has been no issue regarding this grill. It’s just that there are very few people complaining about products that are dented on shipping.
6. Weber Summit S 670 – Best 6 Burners Gas Grill
Fuel: Propane and Natural Gas model available
- Summit S 670 has a lot of burners, six burners that produce high heat quickly. Its power is very large at 60,800 BTU.
- This gas grill has all the features you might need from a gas grill. Features a lid thermometer, warming rack, snap-jet ignition, side burners, side work surfaces, casters, flavorizer bars, flame control, smoker box, and searing station.
- The luxurious design becomes its own advantage to beautify your patio or kitchen.
- Even though its features are very complete, this gas grill is very expensive so not everyone can purchase it.
7. Weber Summit E 470 – the Most Powerful Gas Grill
Summit E 470 has a power of 104 BTU square inches so it is the most powerful gas grill in its class.
- Summit E 470 is a gas grill that has big power so that it can reach high heat quickly. It has 48,800 BTU in total and 4 burners.
- This grill has 468 square inches of main cooking surface. This will make it very easy to cook lots of food at a time.
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates, stainless steel burners, stainless steel workspaces will make this gas grill sturdy, durable, lasting for years to come.
- The warming rack will make it easy to warm up the finished dish.
- This product also features rotisserie, smoker box, searing station, infrared.
- In general, there are almost no complaints on this gas grill. But there are few users who complain about broken knobs and some other parts. But you can always contact Weber’s responsive customer service to solve your problem.
Are Grilled Vegetables Healthy?
Everyone will agree that vegetables are healthy foods. But are they still healthy when they are grilled?
Grilled vegetables are healthy to consume, because cooking by grilling maintains more nutrients compared to cooking by boiling, sautéing, and steaming. They also do not release PAHs and HCAs that cause cancer risks such as when grilling meat.
After doing research around websites, the conclusion is that grilled vegetables are healthier for consumption compared to grilled meat. As we know that they do not have fat like meat which can drip onto the gas burner and cause flare ups and smoke so that it burns and covers the meat. PAHs and HCAs in the smoke that cause cancer risk are not formed in it.
But nutrition experts for the American Institute for Cancer Research – Karen Collins, M.S., R.D. believes that burning vegetables can form a carcinogen called benzopyrene. However, grilling it is a healthier choice.
To be safer so as to prevent burning it, grilling with indirect heat is a healthier choice. For example, you can use aluminum foil to wrap them when grilling.
Do Vegetables Lose Nutrients When Grilled?
It will lose nutrients when cooked. But cooking with dry method such as microwaving and grilling is the best way to keep the most vegetables nutrients. So don’t hesitate to eat more grilled veggie.
There are ways to cook vegetables by boiling, sauteing, grilling, frying, steaming and by using a microwave. But there is no way to cook them that can 100% maintain nutrients.
Boiling is a way to cook veggie that will most eliminate nutrients. Because hot water will take nutrients away.
The dry method for cooking vegetables is the best way to maintain vitamins and nutrients. Dry methods include grilling, sauteing, frying, and microwaving. But sautéing and frying will add fat to them. So grilling or microwaving is your best bet to keep the nutrients.
Which Vegetables are Good for Grilling?
Many choices of vegetables for you to bake. But we recommend the one to be an appetizing choice and delicious to grill.
These can be grilled just like that or marinated. The best choice of veggies to grill are corn, asparagus, bell pepper, portobello mushrooms, eggplant, edamame, onions, parsnips, artichokes, kale, tomatoes, beets, carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
What Temperature Should I Grill Vegetables?
It’s best to grill them at a temperature of 400-425 degrees Fahrenheit. The length of time it takes to grill vegetables varies between 4-10 minutes depending on the type of vegetable. But specifically for grilling corn, we recommend grilling it with a lower temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-20 minutes. Grill the corn while turning it several times so that it is cooked evenly.
Which Oil is Best for Grilling Vegetables?
Olive oil is the best cooking oil for various cooking methods especially grilling. Extra virgin olive oil is the most stable oil at high temperatures even above 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Olive oil is more stable than other types of cooking oil such as grapeseed, coconut, canola, peanuts, sunflower, or others.
How Do You Grill Kabobs Without Burning Vegetables?
Usually, kabobs combine pieces of meat with pieces of fruit and / or veggie using skewers. Because veggies and fruit can balance the taste of meat, chicken or fish in a way that is extraordinarily delicious.
For a gas grill, heat the gas grill with a burner at a medium level. To prevent kabobs from sticking to the grill surface, before grilling, you can apply vegetable or olive oil on the grilling surface. To prevent veggies from burning while grilling kabobs, rotate the skewers during grilling so that the kabobs are evenly grilled.
Should I Cover Vegetables When Grilling?
When grilling vegetables, they need to be covered with foil when their color is too dark. We want the appetizing brown color and the delicate taste. At the beginning, you can grill without foil, when the color is too dark then use foil until get the tenderness you want.
How Long Should You Marinate Vegetables Before Grilling?
To marinate hard types of vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots better at least thirty minutes or overnight. You can marinate medium hard types like asparagus, bell pepper, and eggplant for at least 30 minutes to several hours. As for the soft one such as zucchini, tomatoes can be marinated for ten minutes. You can stab hard veggies with a fork so that marinating can seep in for more flavor.
Heat control is one of the key factors for the success of cooking vegetables using a gas grill. So that the gas grill with a lid thermometer becomes a must-have feature. But if your gas grill doesn’t have a lid thermometer, you can buy an additional thermometer.
From our research, the Best gas grill for vegetables is Napoleon Prestige PRO 665 gas grill, Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner gas grill, Weber Q2200, Weber Spirit E330, Weber Genesis II E-330, Weber Summit S 670 and Weber Summit E 470. But our top pick is the Napoleon Prestige PRO 665 gas grill.
In addition to controlling heat and temperature, knowledge of how long it takes to grill each type of vegetable is very important.